TERMS AND CONDITIONS GOVERNING PARTICIPATION IN THE ACTIVITY
ZEE Entertainment Enterprises Limited (“Company”) is organising “Zee Marathi Awards 2020-21” (“Event”), which is Maharashtra’s favourite viewer’s choice award show, to be telecasted on the channel(s) of the Company viz. “Zee Marathi” or any other channel owned by the Company (“Channel”).
- PROCEDURE FOR PARTICIPATION AND SELECTION
- In order to participate in the Activity, each Participant shall be required to cast a vote for all categories of the award by giving a Missed Call from his/her registered mobile number on the Company’s mobile number as may be displayed on the Company’s Channel and/or Website for each different nominee in various categories. Participant shall receive a call back containing an Interactive Voice Responsive call wherein the Participant(s) shall be required to cast/submit his/her vote for his/her favorite actor/actress from the different categories of nominees (“Voting Entry”)
- Voting Entry shall be accepted from IST 18:30 hours on March 10, 2021 and continue till IST 23:59 hours on March 16, 2021 (“Activity Period”).
- The Company may promote this Activity through the medium of the Channel, Website, print media (newspapers), television (promos, astons, bugs etc.), on ground promotions, push SMS, radio, digital media / online and any other manner as shall deem fit by the Company, at its sole discretion, stating the mechanism in which the Participant(s) can participate in the Activity.
- It is further clarified that all valid Voting Entry (ies) shall be considered by the Company for the purpose identifying the winner(s) for various categories of awards at the Event.
- For purposes of the Activity, “receipt” of the Voting Entry shall be considered by the Company only when the valid Voting Entry submitted by Participant(s) is received and recorded successfully on the Voting Platform(s).
- For the purposes of the Activity, a complete and valid Voting Entry will constitute of successfully registering and voting for all the categories of the Event and submitting the Voting Entry as per Clause I (1), as may be applicable. If the Participant(s) fails to make the Voting Entry in the manner as stated hereinabove and/or is not a resident of India and/or has violated any guidelines published by the Voting Entry Platform, then his/her Voting Entry shall be considered incomplete and the Participant(s) shall not be eligible for the Gratification. For the avoidance of doubt, it is hereby clarified that by submitting the Voting Entry, the Participant(s) is representing that the Voting Entry or contents thereof are not confidential or comprise any sensitive personal information.
- Participant may submit more than one Voting Entry on the Voting Platform in accordance with Clause I (1) during the Activity Period for participation. Voting Entry received from the Participant(s) which is contrary to the terms mentioned above on the Voting Platform during or after the Activity Period shall be considered null and void. It is expressly clarified that submitting multiple Voting via different mobile numbers shall not make the Participant(s) eligible to win any one of the Gratifications and/or increase the chance of winning all or multiple Gratification and that the Company shall have the sole and absolute rights to decide on to which Voting Entry (out of multiple entries) of the Participant to be considered for Gratification.
- The Participants shall ensure that the Entry submitted is to the point and vote for as per their choice and does not contain any other information which is indecent, not in compliance with applicable laws, and is immoral, defamatory, abusive, offensive, insensitive, libelous or blasphemous to any person, religious sect or section of the society, or infringe the rights of any third party including intellectual property etc. Participant shall not host, display, upload, modify, publish, transmit, update or share any information that —
(a) belongs to another person and to which the user does not have any right;
(b) is grossly harmful, harassing, blasphemous defamatory, obscene, pornographic, pedophilic, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically objectionable, disparaging, relating or encouraging money laundering or gambling, or otherwise unlawful in any manner whatever;
(c) harm minors in any way;
(d) infringes any patent, trademark, copyright or other proprietary rights;
(e) violates any law for the time being in force;
(f) deceives or misleads the addressee about the origin of such messages or communicates any information which is grossly offensive or menacing in nature; (g) impersonate another person;
(h) contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer resource;
(i) threatens the unity, integrity, defense, security or sovereignty of India, friendly relations with foreign states, or public order or causes incitement to the commission of any cognizable offence or prevents investigation of any offence or is insulting any other nation. For avoidance of doubt, the Participant(s) agrees that the Company has the right to remove any such material/Post which may not be in consonance with applicable law.
- The Company shall not be responsible for the Voting Entries submitted by the Participant on the Voting Platform but not received or recorded due to any technical error and/or network connection failure and/or electricity failure and/or for any reason whatsoever.
- No dispute shall be entertained with regards to the selection criteria. All selections and decisions of the Company shall be final and binding on the Participant(s).
- OTHER TERMS
- If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is held by any court or other competent authority to be void or unenforceable in whole or part, the other provision of these Terms and Conditions and the remainder of the affected provisions shall continue to be valid.
- These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of India and subject to exclusive jurisdiction of the competent Courts in Mumbai.
- The Company is empowered to take a decision on any case not covered by the present Terms and Conditions.
- Each provision of this Terms and Conditions shall be considered severable, and if for any reason any provision(s), or the application of such provision(s) to any person, entity or circumstance, shall be held invalid or unenforceable, such provision(s) shall be ineffective to the extent of such invalidity or unenforceability without invalidating the remaining provisions hereof, or the application of the affected provision to persons, entities or circumstances other than those to which it was held invalid or unenforceable.
- NO LIABILITY
- The Company is in no manner whatsoever responsible and/or shall not be held liable, for any physical injury, death, mental trauma caused to any Participant in any manner whatsoever, in relation to participation in the Program.
- The Company, shall be under no liability whatsoever to the Participants, in respect of any loss, damage suffered by the Participant arising from or pursuant to the Activity or for any and all loss, damage, cost, expense or injury to life or property sustained by the Participant at any stage of the Activity whether or not caused by (1) the Participant’s participation in the Activity, or being selected or disqualified; (2) as a result of the decisions of the Company; and/or (3) any printing, typographical or technological errors in any materials associated with the Activity. Notwithstanding the generality of the foregoing, the Company expressly excludes liability for all direct, indirect and consequential loss or damage, including but not limited to loss or damage to property or for loss of profit, business, revenue, goodwill or anticipated savings pursuant to participation in the Activity. In no event will the measure of damages include, nor will the Company be liable for, any amounts for indirect, incidental, consequential, or punitive damages of any party, including third parties; or for damages attributable to the Participant; or circumstances beyond the Company’s reasonable control.
- The Participant/Winners agrees that he/she shall hold harmless the Company, their affiliates, subsidiaries, group companies, their respective employees, officers, sub-contractors or any other person in connection with the Activity including but not limited to persons connected to the selection procedure for the Activity.
- The Company or any of its affiliates will not be liable for any loss of earnings, employment or otherwise caused to the Participant and arising as a result of his/her participation in the Activity.
- Company shall not be held accountable/liable for any disruptions/stoppages/ interruptions or cancellation of the Activity on account of any force majeure factors or otherwise.
- Company shall not be held responsible or accountable for any expenses, loss, injury or any other liability which may arise, for the Winner(s) to receive the Gratification.
- The Participant hereby agrees to indemnify the Company or its affiliates against any claims that might arise from his/her actions or omissions while participating in the Activity or due to any representations, misrepresentations or concealment of material facts by the Participant.